I spent the last few days with my beautiful youngest daughter and her family. There is nothing more wonderful than holding a newborn! I am now home and it is time to get organized. I will be working on cleaning and organization for the next few weeks.
One of the nice things about taking a break is that the spammers that were attempting to leave messages on my comments are now gone. I had to hold all comments for authorization until I could look at them. Very sad. I will hit the ground running as soon as Monday comes around. Until then here are a few thoughts from the past week.
1. Spammers make writing a blog a pain.
2. The holidays are right around the corner.
3. Tried a couple of Pinterest recipes for hot chocolate mix and crock pot pumpkin latte and they were failures for me. The hot chocolate is okay at best and pumpkin lattes are just something that no matter what recipe I use I just can’t stand them. So it is Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts if I have that craving.
4. School is nearly over for me!!!!
5. The weather is a little cold so now I need sweats.
6. Finances were not there so all the ideas I had for Christmas have not happened.
7. My expensive coffee maker is not half as good as my french press.
8. Leaving at 6 am means you leave some very important things at your daughter’s home. I left the french press there!
9. While I am gone everything stays the same in my home. My husband works, eats, watches tv, and sleeps.
10. I want to get the website for Creatively Living ready to go.
AND finally the last point.
11. The election is over. I struggled with this election more than any other. One day I had an epiphany. It does not change my life all that much whoever is elected. I still wake up, still look for work, still work at making our lives better and more frugal. I still cook, clean, love my husband, love my children, love their families, and love my parents. I still pray for my nation. It is time to forgive friends, family, and love ones no matter which side they were on. I only hope is that we remember that just because someone has a different opinion than you, they are not stupid or foolish. My favorite comment I made this year is to research and respect. Research what each candidate believes and respect those who don’t agree with you!